January 13, 2012

INTERVIEW: Seven Deadly Sins (PRIDE)

PRIDE; the quality of having an excessively high opinion of oneself or one's importance


Name: Lauren Lopresti

How long have you been dancing?

I have been dancing for 16 years now… so since I was young. I’ve done everything from jazz, tap, ballet, and more recently, I’ve been really into hip-hop.

Why did you start dancing?

I started dancing because my older brother started dancing. He actually teaches a lot and he’s really good. He was a contestant on “So You Think You Can Dance?”, and he’s pretty well known and he’s a good choreographer. So my mom put me in classes, and I loved it!

What inspires you to dance?

…The music! Every time I listen to music, which is everyday, I always make up routines in my head. And that’s just one way I express how I feel about the music. It’s always been about dance, but the music inspires me.

What is your favourite type of dance?

More of like a hard-hitting contemporary, so it’s like… quirky moves with a little bit of style… Flowly!

What do you hope to gain from CFS 2012?

It’s another experience and an opportunity. I am glad I was asked to do this! It’s also a chance to work with a different choreographer and to show what I can do. It’s going to be great to be a part of this awesome show!

No comments:

Post a Comment