November 29, 2011

Dresses, dresses, dresses

I absolutely LOVE looking at celebrity dresses. My style is very feminine, elegant and (this is key) sparkly. So over the years, I've kept a mental note of the dresses I absolutely love and I've decided to share some with you! 

Scarlett Johansson (Marc Jacobs)
scarlett_johansson_louis_vuitton_love_1.jpg
Scarlett Johansson, Louis Vuitton "Love" Party (May 3/07)
Let me tell you that I'm not usually a fan of gradients - I think they're absolutely tacky. But this was just the right amount to make this simple dress stand out from the rest. After googling it, this dress actually made a lot of worst dress lists - definitely don't agree.

P.S. I never liked Scarlett Johansson as a blonde.

Reese Witherspoon (Nina Ricci)

Reese Witherspoon, 2007 Academy Awards
Reese won her well-deserved Oscar in this dress. It's simple, yet elegant with purple undertones. I especially like her simple pin straight hair that she paired along with it.

See more dresses after the jump!



Kate Middleton (Jenny Packham)

Kate Middleton
First of all, people need to stop hating on Kate for 'recycling' her outfits. Isn't it a good thing that she's spending her money on better things than a new outfit for every occasion? Anyway, this gown is absolutely gorgeous. It's embellished with Swarovski crystals (sparkly is KEY) and the colour is so flattering. It's ironic that earlier that week, the same dress was worn by Blair Waldorf in Gossip Girl during her royal engagement party - but Kate wore it better.


Blake Lively (Zuhair Murad)

Blake Lively, Gossip Girl
This form-fitting, yet somehow elegant dress is just so mysterious - there are so many layers and dimensions to it that you just want to figure out how it works. I love the combination of the grey with lace, as well as the asymmetrical cut top.



So I know that our time for prom is over, but that doesn't mean that we'll never get to wear gowns again.


Keep sparkling,

Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment